Spotted :: Birds in my Backyard Part I

It's been some time now that i keep water for my birds.
I'm blessed to have a green unoccupied piece of land beside my homes. As a result, there are many bird-related activities in this area. I have been collecting the pictures of some of the birds that visit my home and here's the small list:

Greater Coucal(English) / Bharadvaj(Hindi) / Uppan(Malayalam) / Centropus sinensis parroti (Scientific):
Large crow size bird of the cuckoo family, this bird has bright coppery wings and bazing red eyes. It is commonly seen during early morning and late afternoon. 
It eats worms, catapillars, other bird's eggs, nestlings and snakes!! Yup....and i clicked a pic too.... 
It has a peculiar sound and in India, spotting this bird is considered lucky..
I saw a couple of them near my birdbath and wo...they were having quite a noisy bath ;)

How to attract them??
The like thick foilageand like i said, i have some green area close to my house and thus, i'm lucky to spot it every other day.
But apart from that,if u provide water, it will come for a drink break or bath.
Also, it loves the maggots i pullout from my compost :)
:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment